My FIRST AWARD NOMINATION! A warm thank you goes out to Sylvia, from FairyTale Traveller blog, who found my blog worthy of this special nomination.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award has been around since 2011. It is an award given to new travel bloggers by their peers. It is a great way to discover new blogs, make connections with fellow travel bloggers and to to become a part of the travel blogging community.
Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
If this wonderful honour of being nominated for the Liebster Award by your fellow travel blogger has been bestowed upon you, and you choose to accept it, write a blog post which includes the following:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Share 10 random facts about yourself (optional)
- Answer the 10 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award and inform them via social media (the nominees have to have less than 3000 followers).
- Create your own set of 10 questions for your nominees.
- Send a message to each nominee informing them of the nomination and directing them to your post for more information.
- Enjoy winning an award and pass this great feeling onto someone else!
Answers to FairyTales Adventure’s Questions:
1. Which is your favourite thing about travelling?
Our favourite things about traveling is meeting new people and discovering new places. We love hanging out with locals and seeing the places they find most unique and interesting.
2. How can you learn about a culture and meet locals without speaking their language when traveling.
Since we travel as a family, I find that using public transportation has been our most successful way of meeting locals. We’ve also met some really nice waiters and waitresses who gave us some tips about local attractions. As for as the language barrier goes, I speak several languages and I find that in most places we’ve been able to find someone who speaks one of the languages I speak, or who speaks similar language and with the help of gestures and body language we have been able to get our points across.
3. Which country is your favourite and why?
That’s a tough one as we love different countries, for different reasons. One of my favourite has to be Mexico, where I got to spend time with the descendants of Aztecs who speak their own language called Tenek. Many of them don’t speak Spanish at all and still live by many of the ancient rules. It was quite eye opening for me get a glimpse of the Aztec civilization in today’s world.
4. If someone wants to be a travel writer, what are the things you would include in an article to make it exquisite.
Quality photos and practical advice.The two things that are a must have in our articles are practical information or advice and pictures to enhance the reading experience.
5. What are your personal experiences (and/or other long term travelers’) with the difficulties you met while traveling abroad?
Since we travel as a family, we find that the most difficult task that we’re usually faced with is balancing the things the adults want to do / see and to ensure that our kids get to explore and enjoy places that are of interest to them.
6. How do you finance your travels?
We both have full time jobs (and the income from this blog helps too).
7. Traveling is just a passion for you or a full time job?
At this point, traveling is just our passion. However, we’re hoping to, at one point, become digital nomads.
8. Share some tips from your own experience – what someone can do to transform a travel blog into a full time paid job?
Unfortunately, I can’t really answer that question, as we’re not there YET. However, we’ve been looking up to successful bloggers, making connections with them and asking a lot of questions. We have also listened to some very good podcasts and used tips mentioned in them, to improve our blog.
9. Which is the most amazing destination that is on your list and you recommend it for 2017?
My top 2017 destination was Dominican Republic. The one place that I truly loved discovering is Saona Island.
10. Which is the lowest budget that you spend on a destination?
We love comfort with touch of luxury, so our budget is usually pretty high. Going alone – I’ve spent $1500 for a 10 day trip to Spain (return flight from Canada included). With family, our lowest budget trip for 4 was about $6000 for week long vacation in the Caribbean.
11. Which are your three destinations for 2017?
Our top three destination (as there are more than three) are:
- Dominican Republic – which we already enjoyed not too long ago.
- Spa weekend at St. Ann Spa in Grafton, Ontario, Canada.
- Exploring Quebec City, Quebec, Canada in the summer.
12. Send a message to all bloggers that you know.
Dear travel bloggers,
Thank you for writing about all of these wonderful places in the world. Your posts allow me to discover new places to visit and inspire me to travel more.
Keep up the good work.
1O Questions for My 10 Nominees
- What inspired your wanderlust? Why you started travelling?
- If you could live in one of the foreign countries that you have visited, which one would you choose and why?
- What is the most difficult thing you find about travel blogging?
- What is your long term plan with travel blogging?
- Who is your favourite travel blogger that inspires you the most? Share the link to their blogs..
- What is the most important lesson you learned through experience about travel?
- Pick one of the favourite pictures you took and tell the story that goes along with it.
- What’s you favourite quote about travel?
- What is the most interesting, unique or exotic souvenir you’ve ever brought from your travels?
- Where to next? What is the next BIG trip you are planning and what drives you to visit that special piece of the world?